What's in Practical Homeschooling #80?
- Which presidential candidate actually supports homeschooling the most - and has been doing it most consistently?
- A homeschool graduate wins college football's top award - the story behind Tim Tebow's unprecedented Heisman Trophy win
- How to start and run your own Shakespeare Camp
- How to turn fat kids into healthy kids
- Double pneumonia. A year on a respirator. Major spinal surgery, followed by three months flat on his back. How one homeschool graduate rebounded from this and, although initially too weak to attend campus-based classes, nevertheless earned his college diploma.
- Meet a very busy family from Virginia who are into homeschool theatre
- Homeschool sibs with a winning science video, a homeschooler who won a national songwriting/performing competition, and two homeschooled girls who are big-time winners when it comes to sheep breeding
- Educational inventor Frank Armbruster reveals how to turn reluctant readers - including boys - into voracious readers
- How to teach your kids good character, by Melissa Morgan, co-author of Homeschooling on a Shoestring
- Canada's National Educator Literacy Award winner Michael Maloney explains how to create and use flashcards that will make your kids' geography grades soar
- M.I.T. graduate (and future optometry student) Bill Pride pulls the lid back on an emerging science education boondoggle
- Education expert Sam Blumenfeld asks, "Who wrote the plays attributed to Shakespeare?"
- Jeannette Webb, recipient of the Presidential Scholar Distinguished Teacher Award, shares what a parent needs to do to be an effective mentor for his or her children
- NEW COLUMNIST! Homeschool author Shelley Noonan spells out how to beat the mid-winter blues
- Has a "cure" been discovered for Down Syndrome?
- Get read to duct-tape yourself all the way to a scholarship!
- The horrifying truth of what kids who don't read enough are missing
- Insider tip on how to avoid your kid being "bumped" from the college of their choice because of a common teen practice
- Time now to sign up for those Latin and Greek exams
- Why is Mexico supplying free textbooks to American schools?
- An unreported reason why the data on which "global warming" models have been built is corrupt - and how you can personally get involved in correcting it
- How much faster do you read when what you're reading is in print instead of on the computer screen?
- CD-ROM and DVD-based product teaches upper-level math. But does it beat the competition?
- An online KŠ8 curriculum based on software homeschoolers have traditionally rated tops
- Our reviewer likes this online phonics-based course
- You've heard of Usborne books and DK books. Meet another publisher of colorful "fact" books as we review dozens of their offerings
- Need help learning the Greek alphabet? You've got it!
- Now, want to learn the "Koine" Greek language? Try this popular multi-level course complete with mnemonic flashcards
- A multi-book Latin course our reviewer loved
- Not into Latin in a big way - just want to learn the Latin phrases educated people know? Try these workbooks
- Contests for subscribers
- Readers' opinions on important subjects
- Ads with special offers
WANT TO SUBSCRIBE?
To find out about current offers and pricing, click on the link that describes you:
USA Individual Renewal
USA Librarian (purchasing for a library)
Outside USA Individual
Outside USA Library