What's in Practical Homeschooling #78?
- We interview Jeff Myers, the "leadership guy"
- Why childhood obesity likely is NOT your fault, and some causes
- How one family manages to keep thriving across multiple generations
- A "regular" school day from a year-round homeschooler
- A homeschool team whose public service projects have won them over $35,000
- Why raising two kids can be harder than raising a dozen
- Inexpensive physical education for your preschooler, by Melissa Morgan, co-author of Homeschooling on a Shoestring, shows how to do it.
- Canada's National Educator Literacy Award winner Michael Maloney on how to teach geography using the Direct Instruction method
- M.I.T. graduate (and holder of an M.A. in Math) Bill Pride demystifies middle school science.
- Education expert Sam Blumenfeld explains how homeschoolers can influence the political process.
- Jeannette Webb, recipient of the Presidential Scholar Distinguished Teacher Award, spells out how to plan the eventful junior year of high school.
- A homeschool graduate's testimony to her mom.
- A "fishy" way to fight ADHD
- Posture tips to prevent "dowager's hump" (yes, it's becoming a problem in kids as young as 12)
- Is it possible to have a "diaper-free" tot?
- Middle-school science in a box
- A video biology course for Christians
- Worldview training for teens
- A new homeschooling book our reviewer loves
- Logic courses for home study
- Argumentation course just for homeschoolers
- New edition of award-winning phonics book
- Spelling helps for the Bee
- Book teaches high schoolers how to handle money
- Science kit
- Knitting kit
- Crazy Machines 1.5
- Gary Gadget: Building Cars
- Pet Vet 3D Animal Hospital
- Letters from our readers
- Contests for subscribers
- Envelope Gallery of homeschooled kids' art
- Ads with special offers
WANT TO SUBSCRIBE?
To find out about current offers and pricing, click on the link that describes you:
USA Individual Renewal
USA Librarian (purchasing for a library)
Outside USA Individual
Outside USA Library