What's in Practical Homeschooling #76?
- This year homeschoolers won the Scripps Spelling Bee, the National Geographic Bee, the Intel Foundation Young Scientist Award, AND the first-ever National Vocabulary Championship. See our interviews with winners and/or their parents to see how they did it.
- 2007 Reader Awards nomination ballot. Nominate your favorite homeschool products in dozens of categories. 10 of you will each win a complete set of all 5 boxes of BOB Books!
- Patrick Henry College update. What's been happening at the very first "college for homeschoolers"?
- The rules of high school are changing. Find out about new graduation requirements and more.
- Famed phonics author Mary Pecci explains how to free your children from the "sight word trap."
- Want to add more exercise to your homeschool WITHOUT adding any equipment or taking out a gym membership? Here's how!
- How a Canadian family with one high-schooler and a Michigan family with 4 kids from toddler age to 7 years old handle their homeschool days.
- Science and engineering triumphs by more homeschooled students.
- Educational inventor Frank Armbruster details what speaking skills you can expect from your children, and at what age.
- How to homeschool your third grader on a shoestring, by Melissa Morgan, co-author of Homeschooling on a Shoestring.
- Canada's National Educator Literacy Award winner Michael Maloney shares fun ways to tie geography study to everyday life.
- M.I.T. graduate (and holder of an M.A. in Math) Bill Pride shows how to lay a good foundation for science study.
- Education expert Sam Blumenfeld explains why almanacs have been around for centuries and how you can use these "blasts from the past" in your homeschool.
- Homeschool superstar (and CalTech student) Austin Webb is joined by his mom, Jeannette, as they reveal that amazing academic success does NOT require tons of early academic pressure.
- Does learning at home make it harder to get along with people from other backgrounds and cultures once you graduate? According to homeschool graduate Magda Pride, it's just the opposite!
- What's going on at the 400th anniversary of the founding of Jamestown?
- Creation Museum opening
- College gains accreditation
- Novel way for homeschoolers to have top-flight phys ed courses... with the help of local college students!
- What set of tests are more and more high schoolers taking each year?
- Save the butterflies with this backyard kit!
- Nifty vacation travel widgets
- Update on required Islamic instruction in the PUBLIC schools
- Public school field trip goes horribly wrong
- What your kids download can cost you
- A classic worldview curriculum gets a fresh new update
- A robot your child can program to write
- A Christian family training course
- Workbook for college planning
- Etiquette course for children and teens
- Barron's Painless Jr series
- Software that teaches you how to win at chess
- Learn about true beauty with this reversible doll
- Janice VanCleave's two newest books
- Letters from our readers
- Contests for subscribers
- Envelope Gallery of homeschooled kids' art
- Our full-color Home Life Catalog
- Ads with special offers
WANT TO SUBSCRIBE?
To find out about current offers and pricing, click on the link that describes you:
USA Individual Renewal
USA Librarian (purchasing for a library)
Outside USA Individual
Outside USA Library