What's in Practical Homeschooling #75?
- 2007 Interactive Learning Awards ballot. Vote for your favorite educational software and websites . . . and maybe win a prize!
- Filmmaking 101, Part 2. Now we're getting serious. Where you can find books, DVDs, and even apprenticeship programs that teach the practical techniques of filmmaking.
- A fully accredited diploma, using YOUR choice of curriculum. Here's how.
- Choosing a co-op can be tricky. Tips to help you find the best one.
- How a donut shop owner and a pastor's family handle their homeschool days.
- A "GRAMMY" award before you're out of your teens? Yes, for these three homeschooled sisters.
- What on earth is "phonemic awareness"? HINT: It's the second step towards reading success.
- Second grade on next to nothing, with these tips from Melissa Morgan, co-author of Homeschooling on a Shoestring.
- Canada's National Educator Literacy Award winner Michael Maloney shows how to make geography and history both come alive by teaching them together.
- M.I.T. graduate (and holder of an M.A. in Math) Bill Pride on whether the graphing calculator is an educational boon or boondoggle.
- Education expert Sam Blumenfeld with some surprising information on how history USED to be taught in American schools.
- Is college "dangerous" for conservative and Christian kids? Find out whathomeschool grad (and CalTech student) Austin Webb thinks.
- Mary Biever finds out how to relax . . . at a robotics competition!
- The Marines become more homeschool-friendly
- . . . And so does the Veterans Administration
- Where to find all about summer camps
- German authorities kidnap a young homeschooled girl (RELIEF! Since we wrote this, she has turned 16, which gives her more decision-making rights under German law, and returned to her family)
- How to locate predators in your neighborhood via this handy online tool
- Super cool "Diet Coke fountains" experiments - where to see them online
- New site lists educational games by topic - great for unit studies!
- How to find hotels that don't offer embarrassing choices in "in room" entertainment
- We review the writing and literature courses from Scholars Online
- So . . . what do you want to know about Rocket Phonics?
- Math as a story . . . it's been done before, but not like this! From pre-algebra to calculus with the "Life of Fred" series.
- Classic readers return with the American Schoolhouse Readers
- Constitution Translated for Kids
- Software that helps color-blind people use a computer better
- Origami with rubber bands . . . who can resist?
- Book on how to write better, for kids
- Noah Plan math curriculum
- A curriculum on creationism
- Writing fun for elementary kids
- Treasury of Vintage Housekeeping Skills
- Letters from our readers
- Contests for subscribers
- Envelope Gallery of homeschooled kids' art
- Our full-color Home Life Catalog
- Ads with special offers
WANT TO SUBSCRIBE?
To find out about current offers and pricing, click on the link that describes you:
USA Individual Renewal
USA Librarian (purchasing for a library)
Outside USA Individual
Outside USA Library