What's in Practical Homeschooling #72?
- How to get started in homeschooling, by author and expert Mary Pride
- What are homeschool grads up to? Be a "fly on the wall" at the first-ever Annual Homeschool Alumni Reunion
- Write a novel? In a month? Teresa Schultz-Jones reveals the online event that can help you turn your whole family into super scribes.
- Think your child may have ADD? Read this article for an easily-cured physical problem that is often mistaken for it.
- A homeschool family from Pennsylvania, and a boy taught by a homeschool family in Aruba, both share their diaries
- What to say when someone asks, "Do you think your kids are too good to go to school with my kids?"
- How to write an outstanding college application essay, by homeschool grad (and CalTech student) Austin Webb.
- M.I.T. graduate Bill Pride reveals what's really important when you plan to teach high-school chemistry.
- Preschool for pennies? You bet! By Melissa Morgan, co-author of Homeschooling on a Shoestring.
- Education expert Sam Blumenfeld reveals the forgotten history of Veterans Day.
- How to use the rules of argumentation to evaluate a writer's reasoning. The second part of a mini course in logic, from Canada Post Literacy Educator of the Year Michael Maloney.
- Mary Biever shares the unexpected pleasures of homeschooling.
- A happy ending to the "flap" at Patrick Henry College
- Free online quiz that helps you determine whether you'd do better on the SAT or ACT
- Answers in Genesis' Research Paper Challenge. Your child could win a $50,000 scholarship!
- Governor Arnold signs the wildest law yet, and why more California parents might be homeschooling
- How the price of homeschool stacks up to the price of sundries for a college freshman
- Baby sign language: fad or fabulous?
- Free online quest
- New group rate for SAT or ACT prep
- Can your child really study while watching TV? And learn anything?
- The market companies are targeting next -- babies
- Fogware's software learning system provides tutorials for tons of subjects for elementary, middle, and high school. Does it do a good job?
- Story of Flight series covers more than you'd expect
- Civil Air Patrol wants to help you teach aeronautical engineering to your K-12 homeschooled students . . . for free!
- Video series explains how many large and small items are made
- Learn how all sorts of things work with this other video/DVD series
- A complete workbook of science fair project. Too good to be true . . . or not?
- Award-winning expert's book on how to teach art
- Take a field trip with your DVD player!
- A course in godly obedience for kids
- Grammar in Plain English
- How to Teach so They Can Learn
- A book about homeschooling your child with Asperger Syndrome
- A book of reasoning mysteries
- Card deck with fitness activities
- Letters from our readers
- Contests for subscribers
- Envelope Gallery of homeschooled kids' art
- Our full-color Home Life Catalog
- Ads with special offers
WANT TO SUBSCRIBE?
To find out about current offers and pricing, click on the link that describes you:
USA Individual Renewal
USA Librarian (purchasing for a library)
Outside USA Individual
Outside USA Library