What's in Practical Homeschooling #66?
- No Christian Child Left Behind. Mary Pride interviews Bruce Shortt, the co-author of the famous resolution urging all Southern Baptists to remove their children from the public schools.
- Looking for a family business? We interview an English couple who have come up with a step-by-step plan for starting your own community directory.
- How to start your own "Masterpiece Literary Society"
- The difference one grandpa made to his grandkids' homeschooling
- "Day at Our House" diaries from a second-generation homeschool family and from a Texas pastor's family
- Nomination form for our 2006 Software Awards included!
- A national essay contest run by a major national company, where 14 of the 50 winners were homeschooled
- A homeschooled winner of the Sunbeam "Everyday Solutions" contest
- A homeschooler wins one of the first four "Chester Awards" in the By Kids For Kids Xerox National Invention Competition
- This is already one of our most-reprinted columns, and the issue is hardly out! Chris Klicka explains how the drive to keep Christian kids in public schools is like the ill-fated Children's Crusades of the 1200s.
- NEW COLUMN! Homeschool success story Austin Webb has a perfect 1600 score on the SAT. He was named the top all-around National Merit Schola. He's a Presidential Scholar, was accepted at multiple top universities, is the receipient of a $10,000 research summer scholarship BEFORE he even started college . . . I could go on! Anyway, he'll be writing a series of columns on how to get into top colleges, of which this one was the first.
- Terrified of teaching algebra? M.I.T. graduate Bill Pride explains how to do it, even if you're no math whiz.
- Janice vanCleave, the Science Lady, explains how bugs walk without stepping on their own toes
- Teaching music to preschoolers, by Melissa Morgan, co-author of Homeschooling on a Shoestring
- How to develop an appreciation of classical music, by education expert Sam Blumenfeld
- Tired of being asked, "What about socialization?" Show those critics this column on how to help your siblings succeed. Now THAT'S socialization! By Kristin Hamerski, Miss Alaska National Senior Teen-Ager 2004, winner of the Spirit of Youth Award, and First Lady Volunteer of the Year 2005.
- What careers are homeschool graduates choosing? Check our colorful pie chart and see what other homeschoolers think about our kids' choices.
- How to get $1,000 for a support group service project
- Free teacher training classes you can take online
- Free SAT vocabulary prep website
- Free booklet on how to put on a theatre production in your local community
- Competition for young physicists
- Free online forum for homeschool athletics
- A timely warning from the International Association of Fire Chiefs
HOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
- A course on how to understand poetry
- Study guide for The Lord of the Rings . . . created just for homeschoolers!
- Alpha Omega's new Communications course. Is it any good?
- TeenPact founder's new book
- Cool new way to study SAT vocabulary (no, it's not software!)
- The Story of the World series is a publishing phenomenon. Find out all about these books, activity books, and extras.
- A new worldview curriculum for middle school and high school.
- Contests for subscribers
- Envelope Gallery of homeschooled kids' art
- Ads with special offers
WANT TO SUBSCRIBE?
To find out about current offers and pricing, click on the link that describes you:
USA Individual Renewal
USA Librarian (purchasing for a library)
Outside USA Individual
Outside USA Library