What's in Practical Homeschooling #63?
- The 2005 Practical Homeschooling Reader Awards: the 170 best homeschool products, as chosen by your fellow homeschoolers
- Ballot for nominating software and websites for the 2006 awards
- Readers debate how homeschool graduates should relate to their age group
- How to make a good impression on your first day of college. By community college instructor Michelle Dalrymple.
- World-class surfer Adam Wickwire is homeschooled. Read about his fascinating life.
- Homeschool Business. Want to start your own? Here are some ideas and resources.
- "Day at Our House" diary from two homeschooled students who live in different states.
- A winning team of swimmers and divers, all of whom are homeschooled . . . . three brothers who win piano competitions . . . a girl from Taiwan who excels academically and musically . . . more homeschool success stories
- Janice vanCleave, the Science Lady, explains how we can get a liquid when we combine two gases.
- Need to homeschool a preschooles with special needs? Here's how. By Melissa Morgan, co-author of Homeschooling on a Shoestring
- The case for skipping manuscript handwriting and teaching cursive from the start. By education expert Sam Blumenfeld
- An update on legislative battles homeschoolers faced this year. By Home School Legal Defense Association Senior Counsel Christopher Klicka.
- The one-minute flashcard drill that really works. By Michael Maloney, founder of the Quinte Learning Centers in Canada and winner of the Canada Post National Educator Literacy Award.
- How to discover your talents . . . and your future career. By Kristin Hamerski, Miss Alaska National Senior Teen-Ager 2004, winner of the Spirit of Youth Award, and First Lady Volunteer of the Year 2005.
- Amazing support group giveaway
- How GCSE and International Baccalaureate students stack up compared to Advanced Placement and Dual Enrollment students
- What happens when a working person places family ABOVE career . . . surprising results
- Mary Pride's Complete Guide to Getting Started in Homeschooling
- A book of homeschool laws by state
- The ultimate guide for how to grade your kids' work
- What does all that educational jargon mean? A homeschooler's guide to educational theories, methods, and that other stuff classroom teachers learn in school.
- Get a head start on college planning with this book
- A series of books that teaches study success skills
- Award-winning conversational Spanish course whose lessons are designed for 10 minutes a day
- Get more out of John Bunyan's "Pilgrim's Progress" with this puzzle and poster set
- Take these tests to find out if your child's reading is deficient, then use these workbooks to swiftly bring him or her up to speed
- Contests for subscribers
- Envelope Gallery of homeschooled kids' art
- Ads with special offers
WANT TO SUBSCRIBE?
To find out about current offers and pricing, click on the link that describes you:
USA Individual Renewal
USA Librarian (purchasing for a library)
Outside USA Individual
Outside USA Library