What's in Practical Homeschooling #103?
- Why you can't afford NOT to subscribe to Practical Homeschooling. (Hint: We show you the money.)
- VOTE for the 2012 Practical Homeschooling Reader Award winners, and you might be one of 10 to receive a great prize!
- Gardening is a great way to teach real-life and character skills. Homeschooler Rachel Rogers shows how you can also increase the safety of our food supply... and teach lessons from history... with heirloom seeds.
- Ready to go BIG with your homeschool? Dena Luchsinger explains the benefits of doing a year-long project, with great examples and tips for making the most of this experience.
- Duck, duck... curriculum? One of the most unusual unit studies ever also is a way to enter a popular contest.
- A homeschool "day in the life" of a military doctor's family.
- Meet the youngest-ever Iditarod winner. That's the famous Alaskan dogsled race, and now it's a homeschool family affair.
- The homeschool club of future rocket scientists, who keep making it to the final round of a contest for... shooting off rockets!
- NEW! Felice Gerwitz joins us as our "Entrepreneurship" columnist. First up: How to pick what business to start, AND make it "competition-proof" right from the get-go.
- Melissa Morgan shares tons of tips and resources for preschool with an autistic child.
- Don Aslett, the world's #1 cleaning and time-management expert, on how to get tons done when your plans fall through.
- PHS publisher (and mother of six college graduates so far) Mary Pride has 9 children in college and/or graduated from college. She's enthusiastic about this new way of choosing a college... by the professors in your student's chosen major.
- Classical education expert Diane Lockman spells out how YOU can teach a year of Advanced Expository Writing in high school.
- Best-selling science author Janice VanCleave has fun facts & experiments on the many moods of water.
- Education expert and historian Sam Blumenfeld has also worked as a reviewer in a publishing company. So he knows how to write fiction that will sell. Now you will, too!
- Veteran homeschool mom Anne Wegener does something very helpful each summer. Find out here!
- How to find the safest colleges in your state or nationwide.
- Is your child ruining his posture with that tablet PC? What to do.
- How to get a FREE horse riding or hackney driving lesson.
- How safe is your kid's data when they sign up for an app?
- Joyce and Alexandra Swann's writing curriculum.
- Apologia's elementary science (and notebooking) series. Plus, fun add-ons if you already use this series.
- Ready for nature study for your whole family?
- How parents can get a grip on media (TV, internet, social) & make it a positive factor in their children's lives
- A game to help your family learn the Constitution
- Collection of nifty hands-on "shop" projects, under $10 each. Fun with electricity, metal, and more!
- Inspiring collection of commencement speeches.
- What to do with LEGO Mindstorms.
- Contests for subscribers with awesome prizes!
- Envelope Gallery of kids' art
- Ads with special offers
WANT TO SUBSCRIBE?
To find out about current offers and pricing, click on the link that describes you:
USA Individual Renewal
USA Librarian (purchasing for a library)
Outside USA Individual
Outside USA Library