Florida Homeschool Organizations and Support Groups
Edit this group : Remove this group
Parents Educating Children (PEC)
West Palm Beach, FL 33416 - serving Palm Beach County
Phone: (561) 798-1229
Parents Educating Children (PEC) is a group of parents and friends who started meeting in 1982. We began with just 3 families; our membership is now over 400 families. PEC has become more organized over the years, but our goal remains the same—to encourage each other as we home educate our children. The organization of the group has been kept simple. An administrative board is appointed and shares organizational duties with the support group leaders. Many members are involved in the various activities; we hope you'll volunteer some of your time to PEC.
* The largest all-volunteer homeschool support group in Palm Beach County.
* The goal of PEC is to support, inform, and encourage parents in their efforts to educate their children at home. It takes no role in teaching the student.
* PEC provides socialization opportunities for children and activities such as Spelling Bee, Geography Bee, Kravis Center performances, skating, and bowling.
* Five area support groups throughout the county hold family park days for parents and children to interact and network.
* Evening parent meetings present speakers and topics that provide for continuing education and support for all members.
Copyright ©1993-2015 Home Life, Inc.