Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello to all! From eastern NC!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ethibaby
User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Hello to all! From eastern NC!! Reply with quote

Hi all.
I have been a home-schooler for several years. My oldest has just started (dare I say it?) College! I am not old enough for that.
I am teaching my two younger girls (5th and 6th grades) this year and we are really excited about this year. We have lots of fun stuff planned. Like trips to the beach, where we will be going to the Blackbeard museum, and see Kitty Hawk... the list of places keeps growing.
I hope to hear from some of you. It gets hard when you are the only adult you talk to all day (my husband works weird hours). And to let you know, yes there are days I do answer myself (haha) Wink
alisarussell
User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! I am beginning homeschooling next week with my two boys (2nd and 4th grade). We live in MI now but used to live in Greenville and Columbia, SC. When we lived in Columbia, we used to drive up I-95 all the time to visit my extended family in Norfolk, VA where I was born.

Alisa
Ramona
User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Hello to all! From eastern NC!! Reply with quote

Hi!

My oldest is starting 12th grade next week and I am definitely feeling way too young for that. LOL! I am also teaching 3 daughters this year--11th, 8th and 2nd grades. I keep thinking of great field trips to take this year but I don't write them down and later on I can't remember what they were. <sigh>

Have a great day!

Ramona
ethibaby
User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The field trip thing for us is a great way to GET OUT of the house. Even though we do not stay in all day it is nice to go somewhere besides the next room. So we start planning trips months in advance. Like the Zoo in Ashboro, NC, if you plan your trip in advance, contact the zoo, and show proof of your home school you can get free admission for the children and one adult. Most museums and aquariums will have special homeschool rates. You just have to ask for them.
The aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores has free admission on Veterans Day and Martin Luther King Jr. Day. (guess where we are going!)
These trips usually mean my girls will have to write a report, but the fun they have is worth the work. (and just so you know, when they write a report, so do I.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: