Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crawwills
User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new to the forum and homeschooling!
My husband and I moved to SOCAL last year and we have three kids: 8,almost 6, and 9 months. They attended a very small private Christian school that used ABEKA where we use to live. I worked then so this was where they went to daycare, preschool, K, and then 1st grade for my oldest. I tried one year of public school here and I am now trying schooling at home.
alisarussell
User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! I will be beginning homeschooling this year as well. I have two boys (9 and almost 7), and I live in Michigan. I used to teach as well. Where in S Cal do you live? My parents live in the San Diego area.

Alisa
crawwills
User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I wish we lived in San Diego but we live a few hours away. We live about an hour outside of Burbank in the Antelope Valley in the Mojave. It is very different from Southeast Louisiana which is where I have spent most of my life.
Good-luck with starting out - it is hard but I know it is the right thing and I am amazed at my children as I get to know them better as they are not off at school all day!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: