Does anyone know about the Fly-Lady?

Cooking, herbs, gardening, sewing, flower arrangement, building, decorating, and more!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune, Regina Hogsten

jan
User

Does anyone know about the Fly-Lady?

Postby jan » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:14 pm

I HAVE BEGAN READING THE FLY-LADIES BOOK SHE HAS MANY GOOD IDEAS . ABOUT GETTING YOUR HOME AND SELF IN ORDER. SHE ALSO HAS A NEW BOOK CALLED BODY CLUTTER, I HAVEN'T READ IT BUT IT IS ABOUT CHANGING YOUR HEALTH FOR THE BETTER. MY FRIEND ASKED ME TO GO TO A FLY-LADY CONFERENCE WITH HER AND THAT IS HOW I WAS INTRODUCED TO THE FLY-LADY. SHE ALSO HAS A GOOD WEBSITE THAT IS VERY HELPFUL. WHAT MAKES THE FLY-LADY SO GOOD IS HER TRUE SINCERITY TO WANT TO HELP OTHERS.I WAS JUST READING THE POSTS ABOUT" WHAT I NEED TO BE DOING THIS SUMMER,BUT PROBABLY WON'T "AND I THOUGHT THAT IT MIGHT BE A GOOD SUMMER READ! I AM ENJOYING IT SO FAR AND HOPE TO START USING SOME OF HER THE IDEAS.

Regina Hogsten

Fly Lady

Postby Regina Hogsten » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:10 am

I have one of her books, Sink Reflections. She has a lot of great ideas and her plans for keeping organized are real and practical.

JenniferSylvie
User

Postby JenniferSylvie » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:06 am

I subscribe to her website and it has made a world of difference in my home. The difference from a year or so ago when I started to now is amazing. I highly recommend her and her website.

Jennifer
Mom to Max
Jennifer

bobbinsx5
User

Postby bobbinsx5 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:35 pm

I used to do flylady, and this past year, homeschooling, it was obnoxious! Not flylady, my housework. We didn't live in filth, but if I dusted once a month I would be surprised. How do you do all the routines of flylade and homeschool? I'm thinking if I checked back into her sight, it might help a bit.

Ramona
User

Postby Ramona » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:53 pm

bobbinsx5 wrote:...if I dusted once a month I would be surprised. How do you do all the routines of flylade and homeschool?

I researched Flylady a few years ago and at the same time I also read about Stressed-out Home Executives (SHEs) and Barefoot Homemakers. They are all similar with some differences of opinion. I agree on starting by cleaning the sink first thing every day, for sure. Also, First Love Yourself.

I'd been using Don Aslett's methods for years and decided to stick with him.

The only way I can homeschool with 6 kids and keep up with the housework is to have the kids do the housework.

Ramona

momo3boys
User

Postby momo3boys » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:07 pm

Amen "The only way I can homeschool with 6 kids and keep up with the housework is to have the kids do the housework. " Ramona you go ! WE have a great chore chart, it lists what each boy does each day, they each get a day off, each week, and I get my laundry and dishes and other various chores done. Before the day is over they all need to be done, or they can't get a "snack" before bed. I think that's called bribery but I get a clean house and they learn home ec so I don't care!
Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:18 am

In our case, we don't get allowances, we earn our money by doing chores around the house and assorted work for the family business. I can't say the chores are fun, but someone has to do them, and it gives you a better feeling for the value of money if it represents a huge amount of your own sweat :) Plus, you then know how to do all those things when it comes time for you to marry and move out.

At one time or another, I've washed the dishes, done the laundry, scrubbed the floor, vacuumed the carpet, cleaned the toilets, fed and changed assorted babies, taken out the trash, etc. That's several Home Ec courses right there :)

Return to “Home Economics with Regina Hogsten”