Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does anyone know about the Fly-Lady?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Home Economics with Regina Hogsten
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jan
User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Does anyone know about the Fly-Lady? Reply with quote

I HAVE BEGAN READING THE FLY-LADIES BOOK SHE HAS MANY GOOD IDEAS . ABOUT GETTING YOUR HOME AND SELF IN ORDER. SHE ALSO HAS A NEW BOOK CALLED BODY CLUTTER, I HAVEN'T READ IT BUT IT IS ABOUT CHANGING YOUR HEALTH FOR THE BETTER. MY FRIEND ASKED ME TO GO TO A FLY-LADY CONFERENCE WITH HER AND THAT IS HOW I WAS INTRODUCED TO THE FLY-LADY. SHE ALSO HAS A GOOD WEBSITE THAT IS VERY HELPFUL. WHAT MAKES THE FLY-LADY SO GOOD IS HER TRUE SINCERITY TO WANT TO HELP OTHERS.I WAS JUST READING THE POSTS ABOUT" WHAT I NEED TO BE DOING THIS SUMMER,BUT PROBABLY WON'T "AND I THOUGHT THAT IT MIGHT BE A GOOD SUMMER READ! I AM ENJOYING IT SO FAR AND HOPE TO START USING SOME OF HER THE IDEAS.
Regina Hogsten

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Fly Lady Reply with quote

I have one of her books, Sink Reflections. She has a lot of great ideas and her plans for keeping organized are real and practical.
JenniferSylvie
User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I subscribe to her website and it has made a world of difference in my home. The difference from a year or so ago when I started to now is amazing. I highly recommend her and her website.

Jennifer
Mom to Max
bobbinsx5
User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to do flylady, and this past year, homeschooling, it was obnoxious! Not flylady, my housework. We didn't live in filth, but if I dusted once a month I would be surprised. How do you do all the routines of flylade and homeschool? I'm thinking if I checked back into her sight, it might help a bit.
Ramona
User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobbinsx5 wrote:
...if I dusted once a month I would be surprised. How do you do all the routines of flylade and homeschool?

I researched Flylady a few years ago and at the same time I also read about Stressed-out Home Executives (SHEs) and Barefoot Homemakers. They are all similar with some differences of opinion. I agree on starting by cleaning the sink first thing every day, for sure. Also, First Love Yourself.

I'd been using Don Aslett's methods for years and decided to stick with him.

The only way I can homeschool with 6 kids and keep up with the housework is to have the kids do the housework.

Ramona
momo3boys
User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen "The only way I can homeschool with 6 kids and keep up with the housework is to have the kids do the housework. " Ramona you go ! WE have a great chore chart, it lists what each boy does each day, they each get a day off, each week, and I get my laundry and dishes and other various chores done. Before the day is over they all need to be done, or they can't get a "snack" before bed. I think that's called bribery but I get a clean house and they learn home ec so I don't care!
Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Theodore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In our case, we don't get allowances, we earn our money by doing chores around the house and assorted work for the family business. I can't say the chores are fun, but someone has to do them, and it gives you a better feeling for the value of money if it represents a huge amount of your own sweat Smile Plus, you then know how to do all those things when it comes time for you to marry and move out.

At one time or another, I've washed the dishes, done the laundry, scrubbed the floor, vacuumed the carpet, cleaned the toilets, fed and changed assorted babies, taken out the trash, etc. That's several Home Ec courses right there Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Home Economics with Regina Hogsten All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: