Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Many Religions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Religious Discussion / Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Double-A
User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: Many Religions Reply with quote

I want to incorporate some religious/spiritual learning next year but in such a way that exposes my boys to all the different ones from the different cultures. I'm pretty confident on the 'when to introduce it' part by incorporating the area's religion(s) based on what geographical section we happen to be interested in at the time but I guess I'm more concerned with the "how" of it all.

I'm looking for websites or books that can help break down the various religious texts (the bible, koran, etc) into easy to understand sections. Hmm, I'm not sure if I'm saying what I mean...

I've read parts of the bible, and they can get confusing..even for an adult. Some of the lessons are just too abstract to catch onto without having gone to seminary (for those of us who didn't have the religious upbringing). I used to have a book of bible passages that were grouped into categories so you could just look up the section you needed and find relevant bible passages.

Is there something like that for kids, and maybe a site that explains Buddhism or the other religions at a level for older kids to understand?

Thanks in advance for the help!

http://doubleand.blogspot.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Religious Discussion / Topics All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: