Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Homeschooling in NY, but in Russian (possible?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Law
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikimda
User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:13 am    Post subject: Homeschooling in NY, but in Russian (possible?) Reply with quote

Hello
I am a native Russian living currently in NY and I am wondering if I could homeschool my child in russian.
We will be moving back to Russia in about 1 years. I would like to teach her russian first grade curriculum.
Is that possible? Who would I need to contact about that?
I would be very grateful for any information.
Theodore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you're expected to teach English reading and writing. What languages you teach beyond that are up to you. That assumes, of course, that you're actually required to teach at all, which depends on the age of your child and (I would guess) whether you're just here for a short, temporary period or have been here for quite some time. If you're paying taxes, you're also required to follow the education laws.
Amytxn4
User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

привет... hi.

I know basic Russian, but I'll translate with a translator.

Я не знаю законы для Нью-Йорка.
I do not know the laws of New York.

Одна причина, что родители homeschool их дети являются из-за религии.
One reason that parents homeschool their kids is because of religion.

Есть другие причины.
There are other reasons.

Вы можете преподавать вашему ребенку на русском языке или других языках. Вы не должны связаться с любым.
You can teach your child in Russian or other languages. You don't need to contact anybody.

Я вел бы запись, о чем ребенок узнал в то время как дома. Было бы хорошо преподавать английский язык в то время как в Соединенных Штатах.
I would keep a record of what the child learned while at home. It would be good to teach English while in the United States.

Надежда, которая помогает.
Hope that helps.

Хорошего дня
Have a good day...

Эми
Amy
Balut Paradise
User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Homeschooling in NY, but in Russian (possible?) Reply with quote

nikimda wrote:
Hello
I am a native Russian living currently in NY and I am wondering if I could homeschool my child in russian.
We will be moving back to Russia in about 1 years. I would like to teach her russian first grade curriculum.
Is that possible? Who would I need to contact about that?
I would be very grateful for any information.

Sounds exactly like this post:

http://www.home-school.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6608
Theodore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good catch. I'm guessing it was a spam bot, since there was a signature linked to a Russian site selling legal services, but it didn't hurt to answer the question, and I've removed the signature now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Law All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: