Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Homeschooling in Florida, but in german (possible?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Law
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Proc
User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Homeschooling in Florida, but in german (possible?) Reply with quote

Hello
I am a native german living currently in Florida and I am wondering if I could homeschool my child in german.
We will be moving back to Germany in about 2 years and I want to prepare her as much as possible. Right now she goes to kindergarden and next year, I would like to teach her german first grade curriculum.
Is that possible? Who would I need to contact about that?
I would be very grateful for any information.

Kerstin Very Happy
Theodore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What age is she? The law only applies to children "who have attained the age of 6 years or who will have attained the age of 6 years by February 1 of any school year", so if she won't be 6 by the time you're going to leave, you can teach her however you want. If she will be 6 before then, you'll probably be expected to teach English reading and writing, though there's no reason why you can't teach her German in addition to that. The best time to learn a second language is when you're young, anyway.
vincomgo
User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Hi:D Nice to meet u here=.= Hope that u have a nice time sharing w us:-j How old r u?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Law All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: