Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does anybody know of work at home jobs?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mom2
User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Does anybody know of work at home jobs? Reply with quote

Hello im a at home mom of two and im thinking about starting homeschool for my kids but I also need to bring money in to the home I dont know of any at home jobs that are real and not a ripe off if any one knows of ways to work from home and also home school please share your info hope to here from you soon thank you Very Happy
Theodore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Largely depends on what you know how to do. Common at-home jobs include tutoring, typing work, daycare / babysitting (there may be legal requirements for that), etc. Think about what you know how to do or can learn within a reasonable amount of time, pick something, look for ads and/or advertise yourself.

Another option is to just spend your time looking for ways to cut costs so you don't need to bring in money. Save coupons, find better deals on food and household items, learn to sew and fix clothing, etc. You'd be surprised at how much money can be saved in a reasonable amount of time.
mom2
User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Thank you for the ideas I will try some of them and see what happens if you run across any online jobs that you hear about that are real and not fraud please keep me in mind. Very Happy
narrow4life
User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: work at home - real or not Reply with quote

A certain point of distinction is that while there are MANY legitimate income opportunities that can be considered "work at home", MANY will require a LOT of work. The few that do not require a lot of work do not pay real well, except for a few specialized exceptions.

You also need to determine if you want an exact amount of pay for an exact amount of work. Basically, are you on commission or not.

I have looked into hundreds of different opportunities, have had friends in many of them, and have done a few myself. I am no longer doing any of them or keeping up to date with the latest and greatest, but I have learned enough to know what to look for. So, if you are considering something, feel free to PM and get my feedback on it for your consideration.

If you are friends with any independent restaurant owners, I may be able to help you directly with working at home. Just PM me to let me know.

Overall, I agree that it is best to find ways to cut costs so you do not have to work from home and have that distraction and demand while raising kids and home schooling. If you feel there is nothing else you can do to cut costs out altogether or save money in areas, get some outside input. This effort could far outweigh the gains from working at home. Find a coach from Crown Financial or Dave Ramsey, or just someone you know at Church that could help.
dkocur
User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are a good writer you could do some freelance work. Check out freelancer.com and other sites like it. Of course, you'll be competing with people from all over the world so you'll have to build up a reputation of providing superior work to get paid decent money. But, it's a good source for getting started and building up a client base.
Theodore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read that the new big thing is companies that hire people to do customer service and telemarketing from home. They don't have the overhead of office space, electricity, phone lines, etc. so it allows them to come within 30% or so of the cost of outsourcing to India, which is about the cutoff at which companies decide it's not worth the hassle to outsource (since native English speakers can handle calls quicker and more effectively). Median income is probably about $29K per year for a level 1 position.
spinky
User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of jobs on Elance.com. Very genuine, though you will need to bid with competitive rates. Jobs are for freelancers ranging from software, to translation....

All the best Smile

Shalu
http://spinningmemories.blogspot.com
tlawrey
User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are jobs but it takes due diligence to not be scammed. There allot of companies out there that hire Customer sales representatives, you can also try article writing. I've listed companies that that hire Work at home employees on my blog www.virtualwahm.blogspot.com

Good Luck
JEarnest
User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.ratracerebellion.com and www.workplacelikehome.com have always had legitimate work at home opportunities/jobs. Workplacelikehome has forums much like this one, where people talk about their experiences with certain companies, how to apply, whether it's on the up and up, etc. I have not visited either of these in awhile.

I currently do outsourced phone sales and marketing. It's difficult because every parent knows the phone/kid relationship. If the phone is on your ear, your kids turn crazy!

My Mom works full-time from home for ConAgra foods as a Consumer Affairs rep. (That number on the back of food that you call when you are unhappy? ..She takes those calls.) They only hire people from Omaha to my knowledge because there is some on-site training/meetings.

West At Home hires reps to take calls for Home Shopping network and others. You are paid by talk time, so it generally is not a huge amount of money.

Convergy's has Work At Home as does The Hyatt and The Marriott.
These are basically $9.00/hr jobs with incentives.

Good luck!
jackie007
User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: internet jobs Reply with quote

I try internet jobs like article writing, ad writing, etc. But you spend too much time and get nothing.
donnabrenton
User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

their are many jobs which you can do from home. search in Google you will find many opportunity..
sjp00036
User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: a work from home possibility:) Reply with quote

I am a homeschooling mom and feel incredibly blessed to have found the perfect fit for me to able to gain extra income and homeschool my boys. I am an independent consultant for Thirty-one gifts. it is a direct sales company specializing in personalized totes, bags, purses, accessories, etc. I love the products because they make organizing easy, which really helps me with homeschooling. But I Love the company for their faith based promise and what they stand for. The start up is easy, inexpensive and allows for a flexible schedule. I earn about $200-500 extra a month and I love it. This could be a possibility for some of you looking for a way to earn extra cash, free products and new friendships Smile
Feel free to contact me if you are interested in more info.
www.mythirtyone.com/shannonpollard
tracidb80
User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: The Best Place To Find Work At Home Reply with quote

The best website I have seen for work at home jobs and freelance work, that is free, lists no scams, and is for both professionals and people with little experience is http://allstayathome.com. This is an excellent site.
astevn816
User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: ffiver Reply with quote

Check out ffiver.com

If you have any skills at Writing or Graphics you can make a good income there. You do not even have to be great at it just put forth an effort.
Blessings4all
User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try blogging and earning money with ads and affiliate marketing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: