Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm a newbie!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobbinsx5
User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: I'm a newbie! Reply with quote

Hi there! I am a homeschooling Mom of five kiddos, four boys ages 12, 11, 8, and 5, and one girl, age 7. This is our third year homeschooling, although the kids were in our church's Christian school for the last three years. This is the first year we have homeschooled that it has been a conviction, not just a preference, and I can already tell the difference! We are doing unit studies this year and LOVE them! That is the part of the day everyone looks forward to! I am excited to see what goes on here...
wvrobin
User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: HELLO!!!! Reply with quote

HELLO,

I FEEL THE SAME WAY ABOUT HS IT IS A CALLING NOT JUST FOR EVERYONE. I HAVE FELT LEAD TO DO IT FOR A WHILE NOW MYSELF. I HAVE 2 CHILDREN ,THEY ARE CURRENTLY IN PUBLIC SCHOOL 2ND AND 3RD GRADES. I WORRY THAT I DON'T KNOW ENOUGH THAT I WILL SOMEHOW FAIL THEM . MY HUSBAND IS SUPPORTIVE AND HAS FAITH THAT I CAN DO IT. SOME OF THE PEOPLE I HAD HOPED TO HAVE SUPPORT FROM HAVE SAID THINGS TO HURT MY FEELINGS LIKE YOUR NUTS TO WANT TO HS. I KNOW THAT WITH GOD I WILL NOT FAIL, I WOULD REALLY LOVE TO HAVE SOMEONE TO TALK TO ABOUT IT. I DON'T KNOW OF ANYONE IN MY AREA.

THANKS WV ROBIN
Theodore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: I notice you're in WV... Reply with quote

I notice you're in WV. Have you tried contacting the homeschool groups in your area, or if there are none, your state homeschool group?

http://www.home-school.com/groups/WV.html

-Ted
bobbinsx5
User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wvrobin, have you made a final decision yet?
momo3boys
User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt the same way last year. I knew I was supposed to do this. THen I found out that they didn't want to keep my son back when he really needed it, then THe school budget would have doubled both of there class sizes, (13 to26, and 15 to 30) I knew then that I needed to take the next step and I told the principle that they would be attending school next year. Then I found out that I had realy made the right decision, three other families had pulled out because a teacher that ws supposed to retire decided not to and that wasa not a good thing. You never know why you are supposed to be obedient, your just supposed too. Smile
Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: