Hello

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

scootles
User

Hello

Postby scootles » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:30 am

I am new tot his world of Home-schooling! I am a single-mom with what the public school labeled my child as ADHD,when he was just 5 and wanted me to medicate him. Glad to say he is not medicated! My son is medically disabled. My son is heading to middle school next year whn I attend to home-school him.
I do not and really can't leave my job,as it is the only extra income I have. I work only twice weekly,but this will aloow for any extras I need and for Christmas.
I have no reliable family around and I don't want to give up the thought of Home-schooling him next term.I know he will benifit from home-schooling,is there any ideas or suggestions that may ease my mind about this?
I hope to hear from you all soon and I hope this is the right place to ask,if not please forward my email to where it is supposed to be.
Thanks,Scootles

LisaReynolds
User

Postby LisaReynolds » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:25 am

Hi Scooties,

That sounds like a tough spot if you want to homeschool but need to continue to work 2 days per week.

There are plenty of ways to make money online but in my experience, none of them are easy but they are doable.

Depending on your skills and how much money you need to replace at your job you could make the same or more working from home and accomplish your goals.

Good luck,

Lisa.

scootles
User

Postby scootles » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:33 am

He will be 13,working at home is not an option and I would really like to keep my job,just for the sake of getting to leave my home twice a day. Sence he will be 13,when I start wouldn't it be alright to leave him alone at home for 4 hours a day?

Return to “Getting Started”