Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visual Spatial curriculums

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
efxmel
User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Visual Spatial curriculums Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
I have decided to hs my 6th grader next year and am trying to get information on all the curriculums. My DS will be in the 7th grade and he is a big visual/spatial learner (tested in 4th and 6th grade). Is there a curriculum out there that will meet his needs, particularly in English and History? One that is not too "child like" but is computer based with pictures and movies etc.

I am new to hs and trying to figure it all out. ANY suggestions will be appreciated as I am excited and nervous about this whole process. I just want my child to be happy about learning again.

Thanks,
Melanie
Relationships are all there is. Everything in the universe only exist b/c it is in relationship to everything else. Nothing exist in isolation. We have to stop pretending we are individuals that can go it alone. - Margaret Wheatley
4given
User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may want to check into Switched On Schoolhouse (SOS). Alpha Omega Publications sells it. I don't have a ton of experience with it, yet. My 8th grader (visual) is using SOS for History. It is computer-based... besides the reading, there are short videos, games to reinforce vocabulary and spelling.
mandiana
User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My visual learner really likes Time4Learning Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: