Pre-K Scheduling Ideas and Pre-k Lesson plans?

Preschool readiness skills (birth to age 5) and the common developmental concerns of young children.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

anna.hettick

Pre-K Scheduling Ideas and Pre-k Lesson plans?

Postby anna.hettick » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:17 pm

Just wanting some ideas for Pre-K scheduling? We're trying to figure out what works with us so I wanted to see some others ideas. Also does anyone have or know where I can find pre-k lesson plans?

Thanks
AEH

Lily
User

Postby Lily » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:52 am

Have you checked out www.letteroftheweek.com ? Lots of good ideas there. There's also a book called Before Five In a Row that has themed weeks for littles - each week a book is read 5 times, once each day, with activities to go along with.
"The greatest sign of success for a teacher... is to be able to say, "The children are now working as if I did not exist."
- M. Montessori
Proud non-member of the HSLDA

HomeGrownFamilies
User

Postby HomeGrownFamilies » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:42 pm

I like the 5 a day book idea. I have skimmed through the program before, and it can be done without the book. We do them quite often, by just taking a book and doing something every day that goes along with it.

Lapbook lessons also has an alphabuggy letter of the week program. We finished the program and my boys loved it~!
Melissa- homeschool mom to 3 little ones.
Check out our homeschool blog for preschool ideas! www.homegrownfamilies.blogspot.com

amymom
User

Postby amymom » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:53 pm

Amy

Blessings4all
User

Postby Blessings4all » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:03 pm

I taught in a preschool for 6 months. We had activities scheduled in approximately 20 - 30 minute blocks of time. That seemed to work well. I did the same with my homeschooled kids when they were that age. We did an activity for 15-30 minutes, then went to a different activity.

Here are some websites with Preschool lessons.
http://www.enchantedlearning.com/catego ... hool.shtml
http://www.first-school.ws/themes.html
Many blessings,
Susan

www.HomeschoolWithLove.com - Homeschooling made easy for you & fun for the kids.

Tashathomson
User

Postby Tashathomson » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:51 am

Return to “Preschool and Readiness”