Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

switched on schoolhouse help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jclosee
User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: switched on schoolhouse help Reply with quote

I have just purchased a 2001 switched on schoolhouse math 9th grade. They say that it does not need a installation disk, but when I go to install it all it does is gets to locating programs and freezes up the computer.
Does any one have any ideas? Sad
4given
User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to hear that. This is my first year trying SOS. I purchased 8th grade Hist/Geo, new from Alpha Omega. It DID have an installation disc with it. Did you buy it used? I don't really know allot about it yet, but I'm afraid you may have been mislead. I could be wrong.
ncmom
User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only SOS that needs an installation disk is from 2003 to current. Anything before 2003 does NOT need an installation disk. You can buy one from the publisher, but I would check ebay for one. I got one for 99 cents of ebay. Just remember that the disk needs to be at least the year of your software or newer. The newer the better in my opinion because it gives you more freedom to mix and match publication years. Hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: