Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Great Movie we watched as part of our Homeschooling

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Golabfamily
User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Great Movie we watched as part of our Homeschooling Reply with quote

I was unsure where to put this, so I have added it in here.

We have spent much of the weekend watching a movie that is just amazing. It has stunning images and great informative and educational information. We are using it as part of our learning and hopefully it will help us to do things differently and think about things more.

It definitely has us adults and children discussion everything more and more...

I thought I would share it with you so click here to get a sneak peak at it...

I hope that you enjoy it as much as we have.

Keren
Lorelei Sieja
User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Broken link Reply with quote

What's the title of your movie? When I clicked on your link, it brought me to a meet singles dating page.

Lorelei
4given
User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's weird... I clicked on it this morning and I could swear it worked. Now, I'm getting the same thing as Lorelie. Confused
Golabfamily
User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Name of the Movie is 'home' and the link works for me, no dating site
elliemaejune
User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...whatever. It's the whole nature-is-good-humans-are-bad thing. Not interested.
Caretaker of 2 dear kitties, 1 French bulldog, 1 dachsund, and 3 budgies
Theodore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was good up until about 2/5 of the way through, at which point it started a voice-over explaining how humans are destroying the Earth. I'm sorry, but that's total propaganda - the worst oil spills and nuclear explosions in history haven't even managed to impact the local ecology for more than 5-10 years. The reason everyone's in such a big hurry to get something done RIGHT NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE is that the world is starting to cool again and they know public opinion will shift against them within the next few years. I'm sure our helpful news sources will be trotting out the Global Cooling models as soon as that happens, you can make computer models say pretty much anything you want.

Everyone should read this article by Michael Crichton.

Still, worth watching the first part of the movie for the pretty animals.
Glottis
User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the link also works for me, i'm wondering why some of you guys are taken to another place... i'll watch the movie simply because it looks well made... and the michael crichton article seems very interesting, i'll get to that after i finish doing some chores...
macro_grp02
User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Old Disney Movies Reply with quote

The old Disney movies would be nice. A lot of values and a great way to exercise imagination and IQ. If you could remember the 1950's 0r 1960's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: