Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for Kindy or First Live-Education, OM, or Enki

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Used Curriculum Buying
View previous topic :: View next topic  
umsami
User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Looking for Kindy or First Live-Education, OM, or Enki Reply with quote

Hi:

I'm looking to purchase the Spring and Summer Live-Education Kindy books or any of the First Grade books.

I'm also interested in 1st Grade Oak Meadow or 1st or Kindy Enki.

Thanks Smile
jmarchman
User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi unsami,

I posted this to Kikanza who was looking for Enki, too. OM and Enki are really two very different things. Do you know about this group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EnkiExperience/
It's not a support group for Enki, but it is an informational group for people who are interested in learning more about Enki and if it would be a good fit for their family,

I use Enki with my children, and I love it. It's really hard to find it used, but I would caution you against buying it used because you won't be getting everything. I have rarely seen Enki sold used for much less than new-price. Often, what people are selling are the old versions of the books (and they are not always upfront about that fact!) which are very difficult to use and no longer supported by Enki Education. Even if you do find someone selling the new versions, you do not have access to the monthly conference calls, the private consultation with Beth or access to the online support groups, all of which are invaluable!!! It would be difficult, at least for me, to implement the Enki approach without all that support. And really, aside from all the support, considering the vast amount of information that you get in the packages, they ask a fair price. You get something like *eight* times the amount of information at a comparable price to other curricula.

One other thing to know about is that Enki is working under a CSE model, (Community Supported Education... kind of like Community Supported Agriculture). The money you pay for a package can be thought of more as like a fee to join the community that is trying to educate in a holistic manner, rather than paying for materials. In keeping with this model, Enki is the only (that I know of) homeschool curriculum that offers scholarships. And it is the only one that sends us updates on the materials for *free*! If new verses or stories are added to the books, Enki sends them along to *all* Enki users! I don't know of anyone else who does that. That's the kind of stuff you would be missing out on by buying used.

Just my 2 cents. Smile If you have any questions about Enki, I'll be glad to answer them!
http://treeoflifemusings.blogspot.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Used Curriculum Buying All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: