Concordia Language Villages

Post information about homeschool sports and other extracurriculars here!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Minniewannabe
User

Concordia Language Villages

Postby Minniewannabe » Sat May 17, 2008 2:29 pm

Has anyone had experience with one of the Concordia Language Village summer camps? My DD is almost 8 and would like to do the Mandarin and Spanish camps. I'm not ready to send her off to camp yet. :roll:

mamaholly
User

Postby mamaholly » Fri May 30, 2008 1:47 pm

I think it'd be really fun too, but my 8yo is also not ready.
Mom to John (8yo) and Hanna (19mo)

Scout
User

Postby Scout » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:08 am

I keep going back to look at the site. My kids (12, 9) are not eager to go it alone at camp either.

They do have homeschool family camps... they aren't cheap, though. That's why I keep looking... and not registering... :roll:

elfy_yo
User

Postby elfy_yo » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:40 pm

Too late? I'll just post this for anyone whose looking now:

Two years ago, my older brother and I went to Concordia (12 and 14) for Spanish. I LOVED it. I learned a lot, the facilities were great (no bugs, indoors with heating/air conditioning, safe), great food (and lots of it!), nice people. My younger siblings (8 and 10) went last year. They really liked it and are going back again.

Now, Mandarin- while I was there, someone in my group had a friend who did the Chinese camp. A few days into the two-week camp, she got a letter from the friend. Apparently, the camp was so bad she called her parents to leave. She also sent pictures of broken down cabins and a snack shop with broken windows.

That said, my experience was wonderful, and I would definitely recommend it.

Return to “Homeschool Sports and Extracurriculars”