Forming a Study Group in Phoenix Area

Find out how to handle homeschooling through high school and college prep!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

cwise
User

Forming a Study Group in Phoenix Area

Postby cwise » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:59 am

I would like to find homeschool families in the Phoenix-metro area with students in grades 7-12 to form a study group to focus on current events - specifically a weekly geography unit on a country making the news.

I am a former MS/HS social studies teacher with an MA in History. I currently write current events curriculum used by teachers around the country. Since I'm no longer in the classroom, I get very little feedback from students on what I write. I'd therefore like to create a win-win scenario in which I teach a free weekly current events geography class to homeschoolers and in turn get immediate feedback from Middle School and High School students in a classroom setting.

I am looking into meeting rooms at the ASU-West campus library, however, if there is more interest in the East Valley that could be accommodated. Please feel free to contact me via this forum or at focusonthenews at gmail dot com.
Courtney Wise
www.focusonthenews.com
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/focusonthenews

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:41 am

Might also look into using GoToMeeting / webcam to experiment with distance learning at the same time, assuming you have sufficient funding.

cwise
User

Postby cwise » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:25 am

Thank you - I will look into that!
Courtney Wise

www.focusonthenews.com

Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/focusonthenews

Return to “High School / College Prep”