Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Homeschooling in Kuwait/military/international

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschooling Overseas / Military Homeschooling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gena77
User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have 3 children we are moving in september to kuwait i am also new at homeschooling...
gena77
User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: are you in kuwait Reply with quote

what part of kuwait are you in, what are the ages of your children,mine are 11 9 6, would love to get toether and feild trip or something this year.. Very Happy
txbarlow
User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:42 am    Post subject: Home School Kids Reply with quote

Hello, My children and I have been in Kuwait since June. I homeschool two of them, boys ages 14 and 11. I would be interested in getting the kids together with other kids. We are located in the Mahboula area. hope to hear from you soon.
arwa
User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: interested in homeschooling Reply with quote

I am also interested in homeschooling my son next year for Grade 4. Is it legal to homeschool in Kuwait? What will be the steps to follow?
gena77
User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine are girls 12 and 10 my son will be 7 this month. we are in same area as you. how is it going..
kimsywimsy
User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: homeschooling in Kuwait Reply with quote

I will be moving to Kuwait in the middle of August. Our time there will be only four months. I am interested in finding other homeschoolers of 8-10 year old boys. We are American and my son is a lovely, interesting boy whose interests run to skateboarding, psp, swimming and travelling.
Thanks very much.
Jag_2499
User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:53 am    Post subject: Homeschooling and Testing Reply with quote

I would like to homeschool my son-we will be in Kuwait in Nov-but what about testing? On his school schedule-they would have the IBST in Nov and a writing test in Mar. Can we administer the test ourselves?
Theodore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Military bases can proctor tests, you could try asking the one closest to you.
Katybug
User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Playdates Reply with quote

Please PM or Email if you are in Kuwait homeschooling, my 8 year old boy would love some playtime at the science center or a local park Smile There are some great places to take kids but he hasn't found a lot of socialization here as most of the children at the park beside us speak Arabic Smile
kerriinkuwait
User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I am new to Kuwait and to homeschooling. I have a six year old son. My neighbor homeschools her kids also (5 and 7) and we were thinking about starting up a group. If anyone is still around and would be interested, let me know. We are in the Fahaheel/Mangaf area.
collin16
User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you still looking into homeschooling? i have an 8 and 5 yr old and was thinking of trying it.
bsparp
User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone still in Kuwait and homeschooling? We are here and looking for other homeschoolers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschooling Overseas / Military Homeschooling All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: