Any other folks with young 2e kiddos?

Are you homeschool a special needs child? Are you personally physically challenged? Here is the place to share your questions, tips, and experiences.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

dandelion38942
User

Any other folks with young 2e kiddos?

Postby dandelion38942 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:11 pm

Looking for support from other homeschooling parents of young 2e kiddos. I have a 2e mild PDD-NOS kindergartener (will be five in one month) and would appreciate any tips for helping homeschool him. He likes structured learning, goes gaga for science, reading and math are at an entering first grade level, writing/cutting/pasting are at an entering preschool level (he dislikes all things fine motor) and his social skills bounce between age appropriate and what is expected of a two year old. TIA!

sandykc
User

Re: Any other folks with young 2e kiddos?

Postby sandykc » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:35 pm

dandelion38942 wrote:Looking for support from other homeschooling parents of young 2e kiddos. I have a 2e mild PDD-NOS kindergartener (will be five in one month) and would appreciate any tips for helping homeschool him. He likes structured learning, goes gaga for science, reading and math are at an entering first grade level, writing/cutting/pasting are at an entering preschool level (he dislikes all things fine motor) and his social skills bounce between age appropriate and what is expected of a two year old. TIA!

When my son was little, we "fed" him the History Channel, Discovery Channel, PBS, National Geographic, and all kinds of educational DVDs from the library. He could remember a LOT of what he watched in an audio-visual format. Look for audio-visual online learning programs too.. I have several free options listed on my website at: http://learningabledkids.com/multi_sensory_training/free-multisensory-curriculum-online.htm if your DS prefers audio-visual (since you said he doesn't like hands-on). :wink:

Hope that helps! :D
SandyKC
Homeschool Mom, Author, Instructional Designer, trained Special Education Advocate

Return to “Special Needs Homeschooling”