Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Considering putting some kids back in public school

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool vs Public School
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mindy8
User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Considering putting some kids back in public school Reply with quote

So how do you know when it is time to send kids back? I am pregnant with number nine and I have an impossible time getting my boys to do their work for me. So I am considering sending them back. But then my husband mentions that their behavior will not likely change and it will just add another party to the problem. What do you all think? Have you sent kids back?
Sasha2
User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 12yo son went last year to school for the first time(sixth grade).The first month was a bit stressful, new routines and such, but he did love it. Send them to school for a year and see how it goes,its not like you cant pull them out if it gets bad.
After homeschooling my kids for almost 15yrs (I have 4 boys), it was nice to get a break.And I think the experience for my son was a good one too.
Made him appreciate me and homeschooling more.
He does want to homeschool again this year and thats fine.I feel refreshed and up to the task now.I think he will be more focused and appreciate the freedom that homeschooling gives us.
RPascal206
User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Other Large Families who Homeschool Reply with quote

Don’t give up! I know you can do it (Phil 4:13) Smile !

To encourage you, I thought you might like the following website of a Christian mother of EIGHT boys who homeschools: http://themarathonmom.com/

To encourage you even more, here is a big list of Christian homeschooling families with eight or more children: http://plantedbyrivers.blogspot.com/2013/06/who-what-where-when-why-andor-how.html

Please note that some of these families have children who have already graduated from homeschool.

I hope you enjoy! Very Happy
txfamilyof7
User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That can't be easy! I know it can seem overwhelming, but remember that you CAN do it!

Those blogs listed above will really help support you. I also hope you have familial support, as well as a homeschooling community you belong to?
http://www.homeschoolingforfree.org
robertgraves
User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: homeschool or public school? how about online school? Reply with quote

I don't know if you have considered online schools. We just enrolled in virtualedu.org with American Middle and High School and find it is a good balance between public school and homeschool. They are required to put in a certain number of hours a day and have to meet that requirement, but it is flexible as to what time of day your children would work. They get the face to face interaction of the public schools and they have the flexibility of the homeschool. You can closely monitor your children and the school handles all grading, teachers and support. It really makes life as a homeschooling parent easier not having to deal with record keeping or grading. Check them out. They have a free demo on their site.
elliemaejune
User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: homeschool or public school? how about online school? Reply with quote

robertgraves wrote:
I don't know if you have considered online schools. We just enrolled in virtualedu.org with American Middle and High School and find it is a good balance between public school and homeschool. They are required to put in a certain number of hours a day and have to meet that requirement, but it is flexible as to what time of day your children would work. They get the face to face interaction of the public schools and they have the flexibility of the homeschool. You can closely monitor your children and the school handles all grading, teachers and support. It really makes life as a homeschooling parent easier not having to deal with record keeping or grading. Check them out. They have a free demo on their site.

You realize you're answering a post that is over a year old?
Caretaker of 2 dear kitties, 1 French bulldog, 1 dachsund, and 3 budgies
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool vs Public School All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: