Available for singing/piano lessons and general advice

The arts are sometimes overlooked, but they're a valuable part of culture and history.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

MichelleE
User

Available for singing/piano lessons and general advice

Postby MichelleE » Thu May 29, 2014 12:16 pm

Hello! I am a music teacher in the public elementary schools in the New Jersey area. I also teach private voice and piano lessons outside of school. I have my Bachelors and Masters degree in music education.

I have more time to teach additional students in the summer months. I am starting an online music studio (via Skype/Google Hangouts.) A parent who was homeschooling her children recently contacted me about lessons, and I thought it might be a good idea to find out if there was a need out there for music teachers. Do you think this is something that parents of students that are home schooled would be interested in?

I will customize lessons to fit students' interests: Singing (Pop, Broadway, Classical styles), Recorder, Song Writing Music Theory, Ear Training and Sight Singing. If you are interested in general music lessons (similar to the lessons I teach to my classes at school) covering the various musical topics/concepts, I can design lessons to fit your musical needs.

Even if you are not interested in music lessons, let me know if you have any questions or if you are looking for resources. I do not know if there are any arts requirements through homeschooling programs, but I could tell you a bit about what I cover in my classes.

Please let me know how I can help!

Michelle
Music teacher from NJ

PinkLady
User

Re: Available for singing/piano lessons and general advice

Postby PinkLady » Thu May 29, 2014 9:33 pm

MichelleE wrote: Do you think this is something that parents of students that are home schooled would be interested in?

Yes, I do.

Good luck with your endeavor.
Wife to 1. Mom to 2 Biscuits. We like to play.

Childtivity.com - Free Activity Ideas

MichelleE
User

Lessons

Postby MichelleE » Sat May 31, 2014 11:01 pm

Thanks. Is this an appropriate place to post about my lessons? If not, is there another website that someone recommends?

If anyone is interested, send me a message, and I can let you know my rates. I usually offer a free first lesson/meeting to make sure everything is working properly.

Return to “Music / Art”