The Beast Revelation

Anything having to do with religion or religious debate goes here.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

michae1
User

Postby michae1 » Fri May 03, 2013 4:56 pm

Does anyone agree with my conclusions?

L Kelly
User

End Times Happened in 70 A.D.

Postby L Kelly » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:53 pm

Jesus in the Gospels and John at the beginning of Revelation both said the end times events would soon come to pass, before their generation passed away. And Josephus wrote 5 books, some of which describe the events which happened in 70 A.D., when Rome invaded Israel and destroyed its government and killed many of the people. Josephus' descriptions are much the same as predicted by Jesus and the Apostles.

The end times applied to ancient Israel, which was being replaced by the new age of the Gentiles. The Gentile age may be ending soon, but it's not likely to end the way the Age of Israel ended.

The "beast" refers to any government that is based on force instead of Love. The U.S. was founded in a more Loving system, but has become increasingly beastly, and needs to be reformed back into a Loving system, with freedom and justice for all.

michae1
User

Re: End Times Happened in 70 A.D.

Postby michae1 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:02 pm

L Kelly wrote:Jesus in the Gospels and John at the beginning of Revelation both said the end times events would soon come to pass, before their generation passed away. And Josephus wrote 5 books, some of which describe the events which happened in 70 A.D., when Rome invaded Israel and destroyed its government and killed many of the people. Josephus' descriptions are much the same as predicted by Jesus and the Apostles.

The end times applied to ancient Israel, which was being replaced by the new age of the Gentiles. The Gentile age may be ending soon, but it's not likely to end the way the Age of Israel ended.

The "beast" refers to any government that is based on force instead of Love. The U.S. was founded in a more Loving system, but has become increasingly beastly, and needs to be reformed back into a Loving system, with freedom and justice for all.

Soon come to pass, by whose measure? If it is God's measure of time it would only be two days. Do you assume it is man's measure of time? Still, if it is that measure of time, when you compare that with all the time of eternity, that is just a drop in the bucket. I think nothing has been accomplished and it happening now before your eyes. If you continue with your way of thinking, then you must discount a 100% hit on all the prophecies which I have discussed. That is your decision. I'm sorry there are so many who would take your view of this. It is like having a blindfold on.

Return to “Religious Discussion / Topics”