Private (or Group) Music Lessons via Skype

The arts are sometimes overlooked, but they're a valuable part of culture and history.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Are students/parents interested in instrumental music lessons via Skype?

Yes, very interested
No votes
No, not interested
No votes
Interested, but would need more information
100%

Total votes: 1

DBrassWind2
User

Private (or Group) Music Lessons via Skype

Postby DBrassWind2 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:36 am

Hi everyone, I currently live in NY, but will be moving to the LA area in the summer. I have been teaching Saxophones and Brass instruments privately for over 26 years, and teaching public school Elementary Band and Jazz Band for over 13 years.
I am realizing that there are very few resources for Homeschoolers to get an instrumental music education.
Do you feel students and parents would be interested in music lessons via Skype? Technology is such that as long as the student has a decent webcam (or a Mac computer), the teacher would be able to be as effective as being in person.
Do you feel that students and parents would be interested in online video lessons? I am creating packages for beginning trumpeters and saxophonists that start from step 1.
Looking forward to your replies,
Donna

SuperGiaJ
User

Postby SuperGiaJ » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:07 pm

It's an interesting concept, and would save parents from having to drive to lessons. To help get parents interested, you may want to offer a free session.
Gia Johansen - IT & Education MatchMaker :-)
Super-Reader.com Reading Comprehension Worksheets

DBrassWind2
User

Thanks for responding so quickly

Postby DBrassWind2 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:25 pm

Thanks Gia! That would also be a good way to see if the medium (Skype) would work well for that particular student.

Return to “Music / Art”