Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

getting the run-around and could use some help please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Virginia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
momofjande
User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject: getting the run-around and could use some help please Reply with quote

Hello,
This is my first post here and it's a big one. Hoping someone with a lot of knowledge of the VA homeschool laws can help me/my son.
My son had always gone to public school K-9. In March of 9th grade I pulled him to homeschool/online schooling. He is now going into 10th grade and would like to do part-time enrollment (2 core classes in the fall and 2 core classes in the spring). His remaining classes will be done online at home as the public school does not offer things he is interested in. The school is telling me he CANNOT graduate with a diploma from The State of VA unless he is enrolled full-time in public school but I am reading otherwise. I have spoken to 3 people about this within the school system and every conversation leads to more wrong information, therefore I don't know who to talk to.
Any suggestions?
Please help!
elliemaejune
User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: getting the run-around and could use some help please Reply with quote

momofjande wrote:
Hello,
This is my first post here and it's a big one. Hoping someone with a lot of knowledge of the VA homeschool laws can help me/my son.
My son had always gone to public school K-9. In March of 9th grade I pulled him to homeschool/online schooling. He is now going into 10th grade and would like to do part-time enrollment (2 core classes in the fall and 2 core classes in the spring). His remaining classes will be done online at home as the public school does not offer things he is interested in. The school is telling me he CANNOT graduate with a diploma from The State of VA unless he is enrolled full-time in public school but I am reading otherwise. I have spoken to 3 people about this within the school system and every conversation leads to more wrong information, therefore I don't know who to talk to.
Any suggestions?
Please help!

I answered you above. Smile
Caretaker of 2 budgies
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Virginia All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: