Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mom from St. Louis Missouri USA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stlmom
User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Mom from St. Louis Missouri USA Reply with quote

New to home schooling, actually just starting this week I am scared however my 9 year old was being bullied and had become emotionally disturbed and everyone found it best we pull him from public schools before we woke up one day and he was no longer with us.

with all that being said I am not a teacher, I honestly have no clue what I am doing and I am scared I will fail him any advice or links or anything at this point would be helpful. Thanks in advance

I have the 9 year old (grade 3)
I have a 6 month old and another on the way
Theodore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, sounds like you have very little chance of providing a worse environment at home than he was experiencing at school. Give him a few weeks, if necessary, to calm down and detox from school, and use that time to research curriculum options. If you're feeling overwhelmed, you can try starting with a packaged curriculum for the first year and see how it goes. After the first year is over, you'll have some experience and know what you and your son like/don't like and can then maybe break things up by subject and grade level.

You should also attend this event, and browse through various curriculum options at booths:
http://www.home-school.com/events/display.html?idn=2296

BTW, we're also 20 minutes outside St. Louis, in Fenton.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: