Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need Help ASAP!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Special Needs Homeschooling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
taylorn3d1168
User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Need Help ASAP!!! Reply with quote

My son is homeschooled by me and is in 10th grade. I pulled him out in the middle of his third grade year because his teacher was pushing me to put him on ADHD Meds and I refused. He was diagnosed with mild ADHD then. He has flourished up until now but, now it seems as if he has lost all retained knowledge by about 6 or 7 grade levels. He has also become hostile and shows aggression for any of his homeschool work. Please someone, if possible, help me and point me in the correct direction and what I should do. Thank you so much. Lisa.
Theodore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, first of all, are there any factors which might be contributing to attention problems? Too much TV, computer games, video games, or just electronic devices in general? Lack of healthy diet, especially too much sugar? Not enough physical activity? What are you doing for outside activities? Are there any subjects he enjoys, and which ones does he hate the most or do worst in? How many hours do you have him study per day, and on what schedule?
AngelaBreckenridge
User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not bad to consult a doctor, but make sure that your child will know why he need to consult the doctor. That is important for him to understand things what is going on to him. Give him solving problem like StudyGeek first his situation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Special Needs Homeschooling All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: