Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please Help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dawnv8
User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Please Help! Reply with quote

I am withdrawing my 12 year old daughter from 7th grade half way through the school year. She has been in a private Christian school in Georgia since pre-k. Our family has gone through, and is continuing to go through, a lot of stress, turmoil and uncertainty and it has taken a toll on us all, especially my daughter. She was diagnosed with ADD 2 years ago, but I believe the stress at home has played a big part in her lack of focus. She just finished her first semester at school where they use the A Beka curriculum and because of her anxiety she missed so much school and despite her teachers best efforts she didn't pass any of her classes. I need some suggestions on where to start. I am looking for a curriculum that has some structure, but isn't boring. Someone suggested Switched On Schoolhouse. After looking it over I think it might be good for some subjects but I don't want her to sit at the computer all the time. I would like to mix up the curriculum a bit, but not get too complicated since we are new to this. I really need my hand held a little just to get started. Can anyone suggest a specific plan of different curriculums for different subjects that you would or have used starting at 7th grade level for a child who isn't fond of reading. She is very creative, she likes fashion, singing, dancing and such, but I am not creative and also have a lot on my plate so I really need some guidance. I don't want her to get too far behind. Please Help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: