Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Music Teacher interested in Homeschool Family's Needs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Music / Art
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kcryan
User

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject: Music Teacher interested in Homeschool Family's Needs Reply with quote

Hey there! I'm Kasey Ryan, just signed up to the forums today. I believe I'm posting in an acceptable area, but please let me know if this is considered spam and I'll happily post wherever is acceptable.

So first off, I wasn't homeschooled, and so I'm not really very familiar with the existing homeschool community, but I'm beginning to learn that it is fairly extensive, and that everybody shares good resources when they can find them.

I teach the usual late afternoon and evening hours at a music studio in Chicago. I've been instructing since high school, and recently graduated college. I now instruct at a music academy in Plainfield as well. Anyway, my father mentioned this Easter an awesome idea, which is that I could offer my services to Chicago area homeschool families, offering morning and afternoon hours to fit in with the regular school-day. I teach piano, guitar, and bass guitar.

I have a few questions for those of you who would be interested in lending me a hand with information. Do you think the daytime hours would indeed be useful? Is it common for families to hire a music instructor to help the music curriculum? I saw another post from a teacher dated a few years ago, but it looked like quite a few members of the forum looked exited about the idea. Is music usually emphasized in a traditional homeschool setting?

Another big question I have is about taxes deductions. I read that families can deduct in some cases their homeschooling expenses, but it is very difficult to find the specific details of this in my research online. Does anybody know how this works? If I could give this information to those who would be interested I'm sure it would help them to afford more lessons and help me to provide my services to more families.

Thanks in advance to everybody!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Music / Art All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: