Need Help ASAP!!!

Are you homeschool a special needs child? Are you personally physically challenged? Here is the place to share your questions, tips, and experiences.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Need Help ASAP!!!

Postby taylorn3d1168 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:57 pm

My son is homeschooled by me and is in 10th grade. I pulled him out in the middle of his third grade year because his teacher was pushing me to put him on ADHD Meds and I refused. He was diagnosed with mild ADHD then. He has flourished up until now but, now it seems as if he has lost all retained knowledge by about 6 or 7 grade levels. He has also become hostile and shows aggression for any of his homeschool work. Please someone, if possible, help me and point me in the correct direction and what I should do. Thank you so much. Lisa.

Postby Theodore » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:45 pm

Well, first of all, are there any factors which might be contributing to attention problems? Too much TV, computer games, video games, or just electronic devices in general? Lack of healthy diet, especially too much sugar? Not enough physical activity? What are you doing for outside activities? Are there any subjects he enjoys, and which ones does he hate the most or do worst in? How many hours do you have him study per day, and on what schedule?

Postby AngelaBreckenridge » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:09 pm

It is not bad to consult a doctor, but make sure that your child will know why he need to consult the doctor. That is important for him to understand things what is going on to him. Give him solving problem like StudyGeek first his situation.

Return to “Special Needs Homeschooling”