Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions about NY State IHIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Law
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brooklynicole
User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Questions about NY State IHIP Reply with quote

Hi there.
I'm brand new to Homeschooling this year and brand new to NY also.
I sent back my IHIP certified mail and made sure they received it, however for some reason they got it almost a week after it was mailed which made it later than the 30 days, I read somewhere that it's not a big deal as long as they get it in an acceptable time frame.
But, my main question is, They received it on August 29th. Tomorrow will be 10 business days since they have received it and I read they are required to respond within 10 days.
Is this normal? I've already started our school year this past Monday. I'm going with the NY School district calendar.
Anyway, should I be concerned or should I make a phone call or just go about my homeschooling and not worry about it.
I live in Bedford Stuyvesant so I'm not sure if this is a lax district or ??
Help Please?
Thanks.
Theodore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Government bureaucracy, probably. Give them a call and see if you can find out what's going on, but I wouldn't be overly worried about it. You can demonstrate good faith and it's their problem if they don't get back to you on schedule.
dottie dear
User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: communication is your greatest tool Reply with quote

they are just as busy as we are i have found and its our sweetness and kindness even when they flub that helps them understand us homeschoolers, my husbands motto is you can never overcommunicate he calls it the "spread" get your word across before they have to hound you, but i find it has never come to that they appreciate my tenacity to communicate with them Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Law All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: