Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can you recommend online college (Christian)?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> High School / College Prep
View previous topic :: View next topic  
streams
User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: Can you recommend online college (Christian)? Reply with quote

Hello, my son is considering various colleges that provide online courses.

He's considering getting a Bachelors degree in Christian Ministry, Practical Theology, or something similar at a reasonable price. Do you have any suggestions?

Also, one college he's considering is Southeastern University in Lakeview, Florida, anyone have experience with that?

Thank you.
hscoach
User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to consider Liberty University online. Here is the link:

http://www.luonline.com/
Theodore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind that a lot of online "colleges" aren't properly accredited. Be careful to check accreditation before you make a choice. Since you're choosing online, he may be just as well off studying the material on his own and then using portfolio review, testing, etc. at a regular state university with an online division and his particular major. There's not that much difference unless he's going to attend in person.

Incidently, why online? My degree was officially from Thomas Edison State University and cobbled together from testing, portfolio review, community college, a couple online colleges (TESC, Regis), and a local college (University of Missouri - St. Louis). I definitely would have taken more courses in person if I weren't handicapped, though.
BiancaJo
User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indiana Wesleyan University has an online programs for an associate's in christian ministries and a bachelor's in biblical studies.

http://www.indwes.edu/
maxiny
User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colorado State University Pueblo will also be useful for this purpose, and also Western Governors University will be a good choice both universities are providing quality education and these are also inexpensive. And these would also be useful for those who are not the state resident.
Doni21
User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do some or most of your courses online, make sure that the school is traditional "bricks and mortar" and is regionally accredited. That way your degree is credible.

Villanova University is one such place. It certainly has one of the most distinguished online programs in place.

I don't think much of either school, but both Liberty University and Regent University have used the word "Christian" in their self-descriptions. My problem with these two schools is that I don't think either is very good academically.

Unfortunately, the word "Christian" has been hijacked by a number of hate-groups so you may wish to consider using the term "religious" or "faith-based" to describe schools.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> High School / College Prep All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: