Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So.... How am I doing? (be honest) 8-D

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hands-onHomeSchooling
User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: So.... How am I doing? (be honest) 8-D Reply with quote

I have been an early educator for years, but the more I worked and the more my son was in Preschools the less I liked what I saw...so I quit ..

Anywho - I am new to this and have only being homeschooling him since the start of june. He will be 4 next month. I do not to worksheets or lectures with him. We learn through games and his current obession. (Counting games with power rangers - it can be done! lol )

Anywho, I have been doing a blog to follow what we do and just as a cute keep sake. It only has 3 posts so far. I was just curious if anyone could give it a glance over and let me know how you think we are doing.

He loves to learn but I swear I am not putting any kind of pressure on him. We learn simple ways like counting to see who is faster him to the barn or the horse to the stall at feeding time, or sorting pom poms etc.

I would really appreciate it. By the way - My name is Christy Smile

http://handsonhomeschooling.blogspot.com/
RPascal206
User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Great job on your homeschooling! :D Reply with quote

You’re definitely on the right track: instilling a love for learning in young children is crucial, and that’s exactly what you’re doing.
Also, you have taught him very well—it looks to me as if he’s ready to learn how to read! Smile Knowing the alphabet and the sounds most of the letters make are usually indicative of such readiness.
Great job on your homeschooling! Very Happy
Hands-onHomeSchooling
User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much! I really love working with him and seeing how he sees the world! I just hope I can make some good friends on here that can help me learn how best to foster that creativity and drive he already has as he grows. My teaching range ended at around 3rd grade lol
juliaks2007
User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill check out yours if u check out mine Wink
http://juliaandzennan.blogspot.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: