Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scotland: Can anyone help with online site suggestions?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschooling Overseas / Military Homeschooling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Debbie B
User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Scotland: Can anyone help with online site suggestions? Reply with quote

Can anyone recommend any good reading,spelling, maths online sites for first year students? Sort of for ages 4-6.
My son is 4 but he can write and I'm currently teaching him reading. He loves using my laptop so I thought for something different I would mix the two and then he can have fun at the same time. Most of the stuff I have found is limited to just a few letters which he mastered in half an hour (mean while I can't even email photos to family back home in New Zealand) Embarassed
I would appreciate any help.
Also he seems to have a really keen interest in Anatomy, both Human and Animal. Any reading material or sites for this would b welcome.
Thank you for reading my post.
Debbie
xoxox
Debbie B
User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:37 am    Post subject: Hiya Reply with quote

Thank you for contacting me. I really appreciate you taking the time out read my post. I do try to teach him in as many creative ways as I can. I always have to remember he is only four but he is a very smart four so once he has mastered something he gets bored and wants to move on to the next thing. But there are only so many ways you can get creative with reading and spelling ya know? Maths is easier because we can incorporate that in every day life and it's only adding and subtraction just now. But I've done everything from simple crosswords where it might have say C-T and he has to put in the missing vowel, or pick out all the words that start with P etc....there are a couple online games he loves to play too but as I said in my post, they are limited to just C,P,M,T,B and L, then it's just repetitive. But if you have any ideas I would welcome it with open arms. He's not bored just yet but I never wan him to be bored of learning which is why I want to make it as interesting for him and eventually his brother as much as I can. He uses my laptop for various Cbeebies games and NickJnr, when he has down time but I'm running out of ideas. Thanks for your reply xox
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschooling Overseas / Military Homeschooling All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: