Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What do you believe in?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Religious Discussion / Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jazzy
User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will expose my children to both and they will have to decide what they believe.

My husband and I believe in creationism.
ontheprairie
User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Creationism.
seekingmyLord
User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the Lord created it all. Until He Himself tells me otherwise, (because He really is the only One Who really knows) I believe that He could have done it in just six days as described in Genesis, so why would I doubt that it was?

The theory of evolution is something that we encounter constantly in TV documentaries and science books, so my daughter is and will be aware of it. I simply say that there are people who choose to believe the theory of evolution to be the truth, but I choose to believe the description in the Bible.
MMiller
User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Creationism-all the way.
kgianforti
User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Creation.
pio444
User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Creation and evolution. Reply with quote

We will teach both since both can co-exist together.What I mean is that evolution only explains how creation develops but it does not explain where did everything came from.That is where God,Intelligent Design comes in.Anyway if you have read on the origin of the species by Darwin,he never said that we come from monkeys.Whoever say that we come form monkeys ,I do not agree with that.
pio444
User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Beliefs Reply with quote

We believe (I believe) in one God, the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible. And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, and born of the Father before all ages. (God of God) light of light, true God of true God. Begotten not made, consubstantial to the Father, by whom all things were made. Who for us men and for our salvation came down from heaven. And was incarnate of the Holy Ghost and of the Virgin Mary and was made man; was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate, suffered and was buried; and the third day rose again according to the Scriptures. And ascended into heaven, sits at the right hand of the Father, and shall come again with glory to judge the living and the dead, of whose Kingdom there shall be no end. And (I believe) in the Holy Ghost, the Lord and Giver of life, who proceeds from the Father (and the Son), who together with the Father and the Son is to be adored and glorified, who spoke by the Prophets. And one holy, catholic, and apostolic Church. We confess (I confess) one baptism for the remission of sins. And we look for (I look for) the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen."
StellarStory
User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe in nothing that isn't clear to me. If god exist s/he has the ability to make it clear to me. At one time I believed very strongly but that was long ago and many losses ago.

Now I believe that if I do my best in life, that should be good enough for me or any higher being that may or may not exist. If it's good enough not then clearly that would be a higher being I don't care to follow.

Life is messy. We have to make good choices regardless. I don't need anything to tell me what those choices are.
JoshCHS
User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Creation - I believe the Genesis account
Unladylike
User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Creation, however they will learn about Evolution as well.
JerbysMom
User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StellarStory wrote:
I believe in nothing that isn't clear to me. If god exist s/he has the ability to make it clear to me. At one time I believed very strongly but that was long ago and many losses ago.

Now I believe that if I do my best in life, that should be good enough for me or any higher being that may or may not exist. If it's good enough not then clearly that would be a higher being I don't care to follow.

Life is messy. We have to make good choices regardless. I don't need anything to tell me what those choices are.

I totally agree! I don't feel like I need the threat of Hell or the promise of Heaven to motivate me to be a good person and do what is right. I grew up "believing" because I was sent to Sunday School and was taught that I was supposed to believe. It wasn't until I was a teenager that I really started to question anything. And when I did it just made no sense. I guess I just can't believe in anything that isn't scientifically possible. I mean, people walking on water and rising from the dead? Shocked Not possible! I really can't understand how people DON'T believe in Evolution... I mean, look at Patrick Ewing! OK just kidding. But really, if you can't look at a chimp and see yourself there, you're lying to yourself. Therefore, my son will be taught Evolution. And if I'm somehow wrong about the existence of God, hopefully He gives out Honorable Mentions at the pearly gates! Very Happy
rocketcitymama
User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't have to be one or the other.

I believe in God as a Creator, but I do not see why the process of creation cannot include evolution.

While I am a religious Jew, I do not take the genesis story literally. In fact to accept it literally, in my belief, necessitates believing that God is a deceiver, that God created the universe in a manner that would lead us to believe by observation that the universe is older than it actually is. Since I believe God is Truth, I reject the idea that God would create the universe in a manner that leaves observable evidence that is absolutely contrary to truth.

I believe there are two sources to discern truth - religion and science. God, I believe, has written truth just as, if not more clearly, in the universe around us as he has written in any text, if one knows how to read what is written.
Theodore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something isn't true just because the majority of people believe it is true. History is full of examples of people believing bad science, and I don't really see why living in modern times suddenly makes everyone infallible. Heck, even evolutionary theory itself has been almost totally replaced over the last hundred years or so.

I'll leave you with two thoughts:
- Microevolution is not the same thing as macroevolution.
- The speed of light is affected by gravity, and the universe is expanding.
homeschoolpop
User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:45 pm    Post subject: Homeschooling Christians Reply with quote

We are a Christian Homeschooling Family. We are young earthians. "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." The Scriptures date the earth using genealogical dating and various other historic markers recorded in God’s word. We can date Noah’s flood at 1,656 years from the day Adam opened his eyes. We can go on from there with precision to the birth of Jesus Christ, and of course on to today. Keep in mind, this is taught and lived from Believers.
PadrePio222
User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe in God the Father Almighty!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Religious Discussion / Topics All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: