Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello!SAHM, 2 boys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
midlomommy2boys
User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Hello!SAHM, 2 boys Reply with quote

Hello. I have two boys- one toddler and one schoolage. Both of my boys are special to me, but in school terms one is a "special needs student".(You would think every child would have special and unique needs-just saying)It had been on my heart to homeschool for a while, and that is where we had begun our journey. But I had been told by quite a few that it was a bad idea for my schoolaged son, who needed the socialization. He has a highfunctioning autism, which is a fancy way of saying hes verbal. He has major sensory issues, motor skill issues, health issues, adhd, oppositional defiance,hyperlexia, social issues and more. He also tends to elope in a desperate attempt to not go to school. He is primarily homeschooled, but is currently enrolled in a catholic school which he attends maybe once or twice a week at a threeyearold prek level(which I feel is inappropriate). Because of both how we perceives school and how he is actually treated, I think it is time to make the leap over to disenrolling him. We primarily use Christian Liberty Preschool Curriculum and misc other handpicked curriculum. Science is very important to him, so he is currently working out of a first grade book( he is five).
We are Christian-Catholic, and also hoping to eventually find a church that better accepts and feeds ALL of us, not just those abled.
hscoach
User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your son will benefit from being "fully" homeschooled and you can make an effort to find ways for him to socialize with kids his age. Best wishes and welcome to the forum.
mrsd
User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, midlomommy! Homeschooling is great! Hope you find some good helps here, I am new too. Don't give up on the Catholic faith! It is beautiful and precious. That said, there are sadly, too many in our church who are not loving, accepting, or kind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: