free Grade level assessment test

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

a_marines_wife03
User

free Grade level assessment test

Postby a_marines_wife03 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:46 pm

I know many home school families don't do assessment test. But My 5 year old daughter appears to be between kindergarten and first grade in many things. I would like to do some sort of assessment test with her to see what we still need to cover for Kindergarten and what she already knows for first grade. To help me piece together the right curriculum for her. I would love something free. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
God Bless, Julie
Missouri Home Schooling Mommy of 2

elliemaejune
User

Postby elliemaejune » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:28 pm

ITA that Ann Zeise's links for reading assessment might be useful, but the others are all publisher placement tests, which are primarily useful only if you're going to use Alpha Omega or Horizons or Teaching Textbooks.
Married to Mr. Ellie for over 30 years
Mother to 2 dds and 2 dsil
Grandmother to 1 sweet boy
Caretaker of 2 budgies

a_marines_wife03
User

Postby a_marines_wife03 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:54 pm

thank you for the links I did find a general assessment test for kindergarten math that's not links to any curriculum set we are doing that in the morning. I will check out the reading assessment and see how it works. She currently knows about 26 sight words from her flash cards and she can also pick them out in other books so I am confidant she knows them. We just added 8 more today. I have no idea what grade level to put her in for reading etc.
God Bless, Julie

Missouri Home Schooling Mommy of 2

Natsmom2012
User

Postby Natsmom2012 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:18 pm

You could try the assessments offered by k5learning.com. It's free as part of its 14-day free trial. We tried it and it was pretty accurate for our daughter.

Return to “Getting Started”