Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting His Drivers License?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
setholsen
User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Getting His Drivers License? Reply with quote

I have a son that is 18 years old. He'll be getting a job soon for college but needs to get his drivers license. We home schooled him his whole life and he never got a chance to take Drivers Ed. I looked into the local driving school, but after calling four different numbers, going by twice, and still not getting any kind of information from them I think that may not be an option at this point.

Are there any online classes I could have him take? Is there a way to get him enrolled in Drivers Ed now? Does the DMV offer anything? Any ideas? His job starts in just a few weeks and being a delivery driver he's gonna need it!

By the way, we live in a smaller town in Utah, there isn't much here... If you have any questions just ask.

Thanks,

Seth
elliemaejune
User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Getting His Drivers License? Reply with quote

I don't see how it would be possible to get a driver license in such a short amount of time. In addition to "classroom" instruction, most states require a specified number of hours behind the wheel, and some require six months of learners' permit before they will issue a driver license.

Have you called the DMV yet? Or been to the office? Most will have booklets of some kind with the laws.
Caretaker of 2 dear kitties, 1 French bulldog, 1 dachsund, and 3 budgies
setholsen
User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting His Drivers License? Reply with quote

Yeah I asked around and it seems like the local driving school is the only place to get them. I guess I'll send the owner a letter? Oh well, thanks for the help.

Seth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: