Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trend Enterprises found at Walmart/Target

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrsBridwell11
User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Trend Enterprises found at Walmart/Target Reply with quote

My Niece was given this book

http://www.trendenterprises.com/ProdOneDetail.cfm?ItemId=T-94120&Description=I+Can+Print+%28Zaner-Bloser%29+Wipe-Off%C2%AE+Book

for her birthday yesterday. She is in 2nd grade so it's very behind, but I was wondering if this would be ok to use for spelling/writing, but in her grade level?? She has a lot of issues with ALWAYS capatlizing every beginning letter of a word, no matter what. It's one of the things I want to work with her on.

So are these books that you can get at Walmart/Target, ok to use??

Proud Trucker's Wife!
Mom of M(1yo-g) & soon B(EDD: 5/5-g)
Guardian of J(10yo-b) & H(8yo-g)
elliemaejune
User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: Trend Enterprises found at Walmart/Target Reply with quote

MrsBridwell11 wrote:
My Niece was given this book

http://www.trendenterprises.com/ProdOneDetail.cfm?ItemId=T-94120&Description=I+Can+Print+%28Zaner-Bloser%29+Wipe-Off%C2%AE+Book

for her birthday yesterday. She is in 2nd grade so it's very behind, but I was wondering if this would be ok to use for spelling/writing, but in her grade level?? She has a lot of issues with ALWAYS capatlizing every beginning letter of a word, no matter what. It's one of the things I want to work with her on.

So are these books that you can get at Walmart/Target, ok to use??

It couldn't hurt. Very Happy

But in my other reply to your other reply Laughing I suggested Spalding,, which teaches children to read by teaching them to spell, and includes penmanship, capitalization and punctuation, and simple writing. Your niece could use this book until you check out Spalding and decide if you'd like to do it with her (and your nephew).
Caretaker of 2 dear kitties, 1 French bulldog, 1 dachsund, and 3 budgies
Blessings4all
User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the capitalizing issue, you could try telling her that only really important things deserve a capital letter like names, titles, and the first words of sentences. Just a thought.

www.HomeschoolWithLove.com - Homeschooling made easy for you & fun for the kids.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: