Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone interested in using a website to teach your child?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Local Events, Services, Commercial Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
websitemom
User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Anyone interested in using a website to teach your child? Reply with quote

I'm a homeschooling mom of 3. My oldest I homeschooled for just 2 years and he is about ready to gradate with a masters from college. My middle child I homeschooled from 6th grade through 12th and has just started college. My youngest is in 6th grade and has never been to a public school in his life. I love homeschooling and I have loved it from the first day I heard about the concept of homeschooling. I was one of those weird, crazy, people who wanted to teach their child at home! Why not after everything that is happening in schools today. I remembered my experience in school and it wasn't that great at all. Why would I want to send my child into that if I had a real choice?

Recently I made a website for my son and I love the technology. So I made a website where others can come and get a free, totally free, no sign up, no registration, no cost, no fees, website. You can even see the website my son has in my "favorite links" to see what we have done for school this past year. My son loves it. He gets to take pictures and videos of anything he loves and put in on his website. We are into taking videos of secret spots and cheats on Playstation right now and putting them online on his website and on YouTube. I mean, What can't you do with video these days and what child wouldn't love it!!!

I offer almost 300 free completely filled out websites and instructions on how to get a website online.

Did you know that:

Websites are made from simple software on every computer called WordPad or NotePad?
That you turn these webpages into HTML pages on WordPad?
You can get a website for free, you don't really need a domain name or host. You can treat it like a homepage?
Do you know how cheap it is to have a website????
Do you know how to put a video on YouTube?
Do you know how to take that video from You Tube and put it on your own private website?
Do you know that the techology we have today can be your child's career and that career could involve web design and computer programming?

Learn about all this stuff and a lot more on my website. To read about getting a website of your own go to www.1000sFreeWebsites.com. Make a school project for next year!!!!! You'll love it, I guarantee it. You can start with a small 4 page website and when you get the hang of it go to a bigger one. Or just take the plunge and go with a big website from the very start. You will learn things that you will love. Why not? It is at our fingertips and it is the cutting edge of what is happening in our world today.

My son who is graduating with his master's by the way has not helped me in my little venture. Six months ago I didn't know anything about websites. I started studying on the internet and everything on my website I have learned myself just by reading and experimenting on the internet. I do ask him questions when I get stuck but that is not very often. This is really a fantastic world we have if we use it in the right way! And I believe homeschooling is definitely the RIGHT WAY!

Thanks

A homeschooling mom for over 25 years now
heenakapoor
User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am interesting to teach my child using a website. My child's age is 8 year and he plays online games. It is not wrong to say that my child is a big fan of internet and online games. So I search good websites which teach child online. Its good benefit is that he will learn some thing along with playing. If your have or know these type of websites, please share the links.
Thanks in advance
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Local Events, Services, Commercial Products All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: