Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Belated Introduction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ardeur
User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Belated Introduction Reply with quote

Hello! I created an account a year or two ago, but I'm just now getting around to introducing myself.

I'm an odd duck. I've been married for 4 years to my wonderful husband, but we don't have any children yet. We're waiting until he finishes his degree before we start a family. In the first two years of our marriage I was perfectly content with our newlywed childless state, but in the last two years I've had an ever increasing desire to have a little one. I can't wait and it takes a lot of self control to limit all the "baby talk" around my husband. (It seems that all our friends are now having children, so that makes it hard!)

I have always wanted to be a mother. I was the oldest of many children. My youngest siblings consider me their sister-mom. Due to various circumstances, I operated as their stand-in mother for many years. I love homeschooling (both as a student and as the teacher).

God-willing, I hope to have several children of my own and have the privilege of homeschooling them. I am passionate and excited about this - even though it'll be 2-3 years before we even have an infant in our house. I already pray for their health, protection, salvation, etc. I pray for wisdom regarding their upbringing and home education. I read a lot and discuss ideas with my husband and whoever else will listen. I also pray that the Lord keeps me grounded so I don't get lost in my mental picture of "how it should be."

So... I homeschooled until college, I helped homeschool several siblings, I've taught special education in the private school setting as an adult, and I have a degree in mathematics. I am passionate about learning and reading whatever I can get my hands on (e-readers have transformed my life). I have a huge library at home and have even collected some curriculum for our future children (some of it passed down in the family).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: