Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3 1/2 year old newbie ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Preschool and Readiness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bcksmom
User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:05 pm    Post subject: 3 1/2 year old newbie ? Reply with quote

My son is 3 1/2 years old. I bough the Handwriting Without Tears Kinder book and am hoping to start in on that with him. He is totally interested...I just need to find the time. When does "formal" curriculum planning need to start? I also bought some Before The Code books...but I am just plain clueless on what he is suppose to be doing right now. I don't want to be stressed out about what he isn't learning...I just want him to love learning...and he does, but I don't want to drop the ball since I will be his main guiding teacher!! Thanks in advance for your help!!
hscoach
User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you are doing a great job with your son. You could do some things with him if he wants to, but make it fun and don't put pressure on him since he is so young. I don't think you need to do formal curriculum planning until he is in kindergarten, which would be around age 5.........and even then, you don't need to do much. Here is a very interesting article I found that you might enjoy reading:

http://magicalchildhood.wordpress.com/2010/08/31/what-should-a-4-year-old-know/
SkillaDo
User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun with learning is what your child needs. Being a loving, caring, and friendly parent, you need to participate with him in his learning activities so that learning doesn’t get boring. Learning is an emotional process, so let him absorb it, let him love it and it will get easier in time Smile

Good Luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Preschool and Readiness All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: